Monday 5 March 2012

Initial Ideas

Because of the freedom we were given to create our own piece with little guidance, I decided early on that I wanted to do some form of documentary because of previous experiences in that genre. Having had troublesome documentary projects before, I wanted to use this last project to overcome the problems I could possibly face and finish with a good piece of work.
 I played around with the idea of a artistic documentary that outlined the peoples view of "truth", I wanted to explore how much of what the government tells us is true, and pry into the conspiracy theories that circulate previous events in the UK. However after a little research on the Internet, and trawling through a search of over 20 million hits, I decided that the subject was too broad for the type of project I wanted to create, and I would not be able to get in contact with the correct people.
 I then started to think a little closer to home, and realised I wanted to create a simple documentary about someone in my family. I first decided on my grandad, because I had never met either of my grandad's, and felt like a personal journey to discover more about them would be a good thing to document. However this idea had to be abandoned because my Nan decided she didnt want to participate, and without her getting information would be difficult.
 Eventually I came to my sister. She lives in Southampton and my dad adpoted her when she was about four, she has had two children and I only recently discovered that she wasn't a blood relative.
 I dont know much about her history, and the rest of her family, so I decided to create a documentary that follows as I discover about her as a child, growing up and being a young adult in the rebellion years.
 Therefore I propose to do a project that looks at how the media and movie industry portrays "the perfect family" whilst creating a documentary about a young girl who was adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment